Thursday, September 15, 2011

First Annual Violet's Light Candlelight Vigil

The First Annual Violet's Light will take place from 6:30-7:30 pm on Saturday October 15th, 2011 at Wes Point park in downtown Willoughby, Ohio. A candlelight vigil will be held at 7:00 pm to honor the memories of all babies lost through miscarriage, stillbirth, and SIDS.

I am trying to get news of the event out to the community through craigslist, facebook, phone calls, flyers, etc. This event was planned on very short notice this year, so it very well may just be me, standing in the park, holding one candle all by myself. But hey, you've gotta start somewhere!

Next year's Violet's Light event will be much larger. I am already planning on reserving the bandstand in Wes Point park, creating luminary bags for everyone in attendance, and hopefully having a band or choir. Maybe even having a walk-a-thon one day. I will have much more time to plan and organize for next year's event.

If you are interested in coming to this years very simple vigil, please email me at violetslight@gmail.com.

I am very much looking forward to organizing and planning this event, and watching it grow year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment